Cosmetics are a weak spot for me. I love makeup. I love walking into a Sephora or Ulta and looking at all of the new eye shadows or lipsticks that have been released. However, cosmetics shopping and saving money rarely go hand-in-hand. After all, I don’t really NEED new blush or eye liner. But they make me more confident and ready to face the day!
Luxury cosmetics never seem to go on sale so when I find a way to save some cash buying my normal products, I jump on it. I recently discovered that Macy’s website offers free shipping for cosmetics purchases! This prevents the usual buying something just to meet the minimum $50 purchase to get the free shipping (Admit it! We’ve all done it). So I started browsing, found a few things that I wanted, and check it out! I ended up buying a Lancome Tient Idole Foundation stick and Benefit Gimme Brow Fiber Gel for a grand total of $44.81.
Here’s how I did it:
- Went to macys.com to scope out the prices of what I wanted to buy. I saw that my normal $42 Lancome foundation and $24 brow gel was on sale! YIPEE!
- In another tab, I went to raise.com through Ebates. I bought a $50 macys.com for $36.97.
Original price $46.97-$10.00 (one-time coupon code off for being a new customer) = $36.97
- I went to macys.com through Ebates and applied the 15% off code advertised (coupon code “VIP”). Browsed and added the foundation and brow gel to my cart.
Original prices were $66 – $9.90 (15% off coupon) = $56.10. However, they did add $3.79 for sale tax which brought my total to $59.89.
- I used my $50 gift card from raise.com, which left me paying for $9.89 out of pocket. (Used a credit card with rewards points but I don’t know how to calculate that kind of savings so I’m not counting it.)
- Because I went to macys.com and raise.com though Ebates, I got another $2.05 off. After all of the discounts and coupons were applied, I got $66 worth of makeup for $44.81. Not bad considering my foundation is normally $42.
$36.97 (for Macy’s gift card from Raise.com) + $9.89 (Cart total at macys.com) = $46.86
$46.86 -$2.05 in Ebates discounts ($1.68 for macys.com and another $0.37 for raise.com) = $44.81
Not bad! I almost got a free gift too, but macys.com just HAPPENED to run out of them while I was shopping. Figures. Still pretty happy about this. I’m going to use Raise for discount gift cards again. Have you used Raise or Ebates before?